Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friendship

As previously noted, I have been doing some self-evaluation of the friendships that I have and the way in which I maintain those friendships.  I have discovered that my expectations of friendships is unrealistic and that I may need to adjust those expectations; therefore, finding a greater sense of fulfillment within those relationships.

Let's assume we all agree that friendships are "supposed" to be mutually fulfilling and reciprocal as well as life-giving and respectful.  I would like to have some input in this from others.  Please comment here or via facebook.

What are 3-5 things you most highly value in your friendships?  (Give examples if possible)

2 comments:

  1. First, I hope I'm living up to your high expectations ;)

    I value honesty in all relationships, probably more than anything else. I value tenaciousness, as in, I have many friends in many different states who I'm not able to see as often as I'd like. Regardless, we don't forget about each other and make an effort to stay in each other's lives. I also value openness, because my true friends are friends for life, and it's important to give each other room to grow and change.

    Luckily, you just happen to embody all the above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, mutuality, ease and deep connections that go beyond the surface. Drama is completely out of the question at this point in life. :)

    ReplyDelete