Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fit to be Tied #2

Since May 15 I have dropped 3 more pounds, 2 more inches, which totals 15 pounds and 7 inches. 

Let's not celebrate just yet. 

I know that I could have done more, however, the following weeks after my last post were filled with activities that included my first love, my second love and my third love (Benjamin, friends/family and food!)  I celebrated my 32nd birthday on May 22 and spend the past 2 weeks relishing the delicious things in my life.  Now, that was worth celebrating.

So, over the past few days the "normal" goal of incorporating exercise into every single day has returned to it's proper place in my life and I will use the next two weeks to set out for achieving milestone #1, which is 20 pounds lost total by June 15.

I am considering giving up my $19.99 a month membership to Planet Fitness and just using the workout room at our apartment complex.  A resident donated an impressive elliptical machine and there are 3 treadmills, free weights and many other machines that I don't know what their purpose is.  I'm going to keep the membership through the summer and see how much I utilize the facility vs. the community workout room (just 500 feet from the door of my apartment!)

My biggest discouragements are my poor planning and hyper-active taste buds that do not want to eat just two types of cereal at any given breakfast, but asparagus omelets with mozzarella cheese and Great Harvest Bread Co. honey wheat toast. Meh!  I currently have five types of cereal that I am working through and luckily I never seem to get tired of the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries that I buy with an obsessive like quality.

I also would really like to fit into the capris that I bought for this summer.  They go on, zip up, but then I'm paralyzed and cannot breath, sit or move really.  I'm in those by the end of June. Period.

The final thing that is currently "bottlenecking" me is my angst and fear of what I will do when this is all over.  I've been trying to lose this weight since I was, at least, 17 years old.  I am afraid of her. This is not a fully developed thought, however, one that I am currently working towards confronting.

So, I'm open to comments, suggestions, words of inspiration and frequent encouragement.

Thank you for caring.

6 comments:

  1. I told you today, and I will say it again. You are looking amazing. You are working so hard and it shows. If you are ever want to sneak out of the office and pound the pavement for a bit let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Hannah! I have no suggestions on excersize regime... I have never stuck with one for long before getting bored. My sister however swears by her gym membership - and her personal trainer who pushes her to challenge her limits.

    I do know a thing about eating though ;) I am a reformed food addict - back in February I cut out Dairy and Gluten and refined sugar. It's been difficult at times, but mostly rewarding. Planning is KEY as I'm sure you're learning.

    Stick with it girl! (and I love that you're blogging about this. I blogged every day for a month when I first started my diet. It was helpful for my processing....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. exercise is one of those words I ALWAYS spell wrong the first time. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah there is a really awesome iPhone app from Nike called Nike+ GPS (I think). It will track distance, time, pace, and etc. on your phone while you walk. You can even link it to your Facebook page and when people "like" it or comment you will hear applause in your headphones! I always find walking with company or music to be most helpful, but in a pinch the applause is awesome.

    You are such a strong, beautiful woman. At the end of this journey there is an even stronger woman waiting. She's nothing for you to be afraid of! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are working so hard towards getting healthy and I think that is the key. Keep thinking that everyday is a step towards that. And never a fail. You only fail when you give up completely. I work out best when I do it with someone, accountability. I will always come over to work out with you!! I think you are strong and amazing!!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah,
    I'm sending you encouragement and love. This is a big change, which incorporates lots of stuff: the way you see yourself, the way you interact with the world, your relationship to food, your relationship to other people, the forced changes that accompany a change in appearance. It's not just the diet or the exercise. It's having to confront the feelings you have when you can't have what your brain is telling you that you can't live without. It alters your whole perception of reality, really. Who knew?
    Keep up the good work, darling. I think about you all the time and know the hard work you are doing. It shows!
    love
    betz

    ReplyDelete