Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exercise - I am starting over. Again. For the 100th time.

It isn't about being sexy.  It never has been.  This isn't about being smaller.  I can thank Grandpa Takacs for this sturdy bone structure that will support my muscles the rest of my life and always be large. This is about choosing to be healthy.  This is about preparing for my children.  This is about being able to have energy and enjoy life.  This is about my Dad.

I've come to the conclusion, at 31 years of age, that I need goals.  I must have things to strive for.  So, as I watch my father struggle with his health, I am motivated to an all new level to do something about my weight.  I am very successful when I do things like "no carbs" or "no sweets." Since I'm trying to follow the Weight Watchers way of life, I find that I am having a much harder time than I anticipated.  So, I'm deciding that I'm going to do this for Curtis Takacs. He is the one person that I know that successfully changed core beliefs, core values and core behavior.  He diligently worked through the hard, self-mutilation of changing who he was to be better for God, family, himself, the world.  I'm increasingly more and more aware of the battle that he fought, against himself, in order to become a healthier man.  If he can do that, surely I can loose 100 pounds. Surely.

So if you're reading this and you care about me, please don't feed me cake, cookies, candy, crap.  Please honor my efforts, encourage me and keep the chips and dip on your side of the table. :)

3 comments:

  1. well you know you ain't gettin my chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah! I am trying to walk 2-3 times per week, some mornings before work, some mornings after work. I walk because A) I only run when being chased by a potential attacker (or a large dog), and B) I have weak ankles and knees. If you'd like to walk together let me know. Maybe we could get really ambitious and aim to do the Kensington Loop or Belle Isle on Saturday mornings.

    ReplyDelete